Oil refineries are dependent on water for many areas of the plant operation. From steam used for the process, to cooling of many process gases and hydrocarbon liquids to precisely manage critical chemical reactions, to high purity water requirements, to wastewater treatment to protect the environment.
Some of the critical areas that must be focused on in order to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of the plant include:
- Slime control in heat exchangers and cooling towers of cooling systems
- Suspended solids control in low velocity heat exchangers
- Response to process leakage from cooling tower heat exchangers
- Corrosion protection of cooling systems to maximize plant life & performance
- Response to contamination of steam condensate
- Management of boiler feed water purity
- Separation of waste oil from waste water
- Removal of COD and BOD from waste water before discharge
The water management programs developed by ZI-CHEM
are based on global technologies that have been applied in the field for many years and refined to optimize and enhance results. These are delivered with dedicated and experienced field service teams that are based close to or inside the plant site to ensure attentive support and rapid responses are provided, so that the objectives of the programs are achieved.